The Starting Gate: 5 Healthy Tips To Wellness. Drink plenty of water. Water scientists tell us that most people are dehydrated. Your cells need to be nourished with the minerals in water. Water assists your metabolism and flushes out toxins and impurities. Drink a minimum of 2 liters per day.Avoid overeating and watch your portions. Remember, “everything in moderation.” Focus on eating healthy food like raw fruits and vegetables, skinless chicken, nuts, seeds and legumes.
Eat slower and chew your food thoroughly. Chewing your food thoroughly aids in digestion. Overeating and eating too fast are directly related. Be mindful of this simple tip.
Avoid fast foods or convenience foods. They are very high in saturated fat, trans fats (the bad fats), sugar and calories. Remember, let food be your medicine.
Exercise, even if it is for 20-30 minutes daily. This is critical for your program. Exercise will release the “feel good” hormones, de-stress your mind and body, improve sleep, increase mood and self-esteem, help get rid of the LDL (bad cholesterol), increase HDL (good cholesterol), and maintain your ideal body weight.
So get walking today or choose an exercise you enjoy or rotate exercises. Get Moving!!
Healthy Benefits You Receive From Your Efforts (To Name A Few)
- General sense of well-being
- Increased alertness and mental focus
- Increased endurance and stamina
- Improved immune system (less risk of infection)
- Maintained ideal body weight
- Reduced risk of developing chronic degenerative disorders like arthritis, diabetes, cardiovascular disease or cancer
- Enhanced self-confidence and self-esteem