Although most microorganisms in the outside world is harmless. It is necessary to realize that some pathogenic species are often mixed with non-pathogenic ones and special precaution have to be taken to destroy them in order to prevent the spread of infections. In the discussion of the conditions affecting the growth of the bacteria it was pointed out that bacteria are sensitive to drying, sunlight, extremes of temperature and other physical and chemical conditions.
This information is useful against the bacteria. Which is useful for controlling the bacteria and it effects. Here are some bacteria controlled tips.
- Cleaning: The removal of contamination such as dirt.
- Disinfection: the destruction of all pathogenic organism, not usually including the bacteria spores.
- Disinfectant:the substance which kills the bacteria (pathogenic organism).
- Antisepsis: The prevention of infection usually by inhibiting the growth of bacteria.
- Antiseptic: The agent capable of producing the antisepsis.
- Bactericidal Agents: The substance which is able to kill the bacteria.
- Bacteriostatic agents: The substance which prevents the multiplication of bacteria and they remain alive.
Here are some physical methods for bacteria control.
- Boiling &ndash most of the pathogenic organism are killed within 3-5 minuets by boiling. But spore forming organism may not be killed by many hours. There are some other techniques to control the bacteria.
- Steam under pressure &ndash This also most powerful technique to avoid the multiplication of bacteria. So you can stean your clothe and necessary things.
- Sunlight &ndash the large no of bacteria may be killed in few hours by exposure to bright sunlight owing to it’s ultra violet rays. Blankets, pillows, and mattresses may be disinfected by this method, especially in this country where sunlight is available for the very long time.
- Drying &ndash moisture is very essential for the growth of bacteria. Drying has a harmful effect on it. But this method is unreliable for disinfection and sterilization.
- Radiation &ndash There are two types of radiation can be used for radiation. i.e ionizing and non-ionising. Inferred and ultraviolet rays are non-ionising types and gamma rays and high energy electrons are of the ionizing types. The infrared and gamma radiation and high energy electrons are useful for effective mass sterilization, which are useful to control the bacteria.
- scrubbing &ndash Is usually done with soap and water. This process itself remove many organisms, and the soap in addition act chemically for control on the bacteria. Chemical methods of control.
A chemical disinfectant acts by coagulating the bacterial protein or by changing the composition of protein so that it no longer exist in the same form. It is important to remember that the things to be disinfected should be completely covered with the disinfectant. Strong solutions usually act faster than weak ones but if plenty of time is available a weak solution could be better as it is less expensive. It should be remembered that a chemical which may be disinfectant of a certain strength, may act only as an antiseptic in a weaker solution and in a very weak solution may even stimulate the growth of organisms.
Lysol is also derivative of phenol that is mixed with soap. It has a greater bacteriocidal action and is less poisonous than phenol. It is also good for destroying the bacteria.
For being healthy, I hope, tips mentioned above for bacteria control definitely useful to you.