Apples really can keep the doctor away? Have you ever wondered what are the reasons behind the question. Why apples are often associated with fitness and healthy? Here is a review that reported by Men’s Fitness:
1. Apple skin is one of the best sources of food -producing substances known as quercetin. These potent antioxidants are very adept at destroying disease-causing free radicals in the body. Moreover, it also helps fight inflammation which can lead to signs of premature aging.
A large dose of quercetin was also shown to prevent upper respiratory infections in men who are often trained in the gym.
2. People who eat apples more often, less likely to develop metabolic syndrome (a group of diseases) like high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol levels, and excessive abdominal fat, all of those can increase a man’s risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Eating apples regularly also reduces levels of C-reactive protein in the blood, which can also cause diseases that have been mentioned earlier.
3. Research suggests that apples contain a mixed group which prevents the growth of cancer cells in the lungs and pancreas.
4. A medium sized apple with skin contains fiber 5gr. In addition to keeping your metabolism, fiber also helps you lose weight, lowers cholesterol, and helps your body store glucose (energy) in the blood vessels and more than half the fiber in apples is in the skin.
5. Apples consists of 85 % liquid. Eat one apple was the same size as drinking 5 ounces of water.