With Easter just around the corner, no doubt there will be bunnies and chicks, there will be chocolates and sweets, but most of all, there will be eggs- and a whole lot of them. But much more than just the fun and festivities, here are some benefits of eggs that will certainly get you “egg”-sited about yourself.
You can think of an egg as a big white breakfast multivitamin of sorts. Did you know that a single one is jam packed with up to 14 different nutrients that are all essential for your body? These nutrients, of course, offer their own health benefits. As if the 14 plus benefits weren’t enough, as a plus, one egg only has about 70 calories too.
CHOLINE – Good for the brain as it helps development, function, as well as memory FOLATE – Helps with the production as well as the maintenance of the cells (especially the red blood cells) in your body.
- IRON – Iron is extremely important as this is what carries oxygen to your cells through your blood. But more than just being good for your cells, it is actually good for your blood as well as iron also helps keep your blood healthy.
- LUTEIN and ZEAXANTHIN – Good for your eyes. Not only to improve and maintain good vision, but also to help prevent cataracts. Protection from those nasty UV rays is a big plus.
- OMEGA 3 – The good kind of fat. This is the kind that is actually good for your cholesterol. Plus, omega 3 has been proven to help prevent Alzhemer’s.
Even more, Omega 3 has amazing anti aging effects as it helps preserve certain DNA segments called Telomeres.
- PROTEIN – Provides energy and helps keep your body healthy and strong.
- NIACIN – Which is the perfect companion for Protein as this helps release energy. It also helps with the function of your nerves too.
- RIBOFLAVIN – Good for your body tissue.
- VITAMIN A – Vitamin A, also known as Retinol, is great for keeping your skin young and wrinkle free, keeping your skin clear and acne free, and has even been proven to ward off certain types of cancer.
- VITAMIN E – Kind of like Vitamin A, it has great anti aging effects on your skin, and protects cells from cancer too.
- VITAMIN B12 – This is good for your heart as it helps keep it health and disease free.
- VITAMIN D – This provides calcium keeping your teeth and bones nice and strong. Naturally, that means that if helps prevent osteoporosis.
- ZINC – Zinc pretty much gives your immune system a boost generally keeping your body healthy.
That’s more than a dozen reasons to eat an egg everyday. But, even more, did you know that EGG WHITE helps produce collagen? So another amazing benefits of eggs from an anti aging point of view would be that it helps keep the sag away.
As A Mask:
Eating is not the only way to reap the benefits of eggs. A homemade egg white mask does wonders to your skin.
- Tightens pores.
- Reduces wrinkles.
- Removes white heads.
- Deep cleanses.
- Gets rid of oily skin.
It is really simple to make. So get cracking, quite literally! All you need is a single egg. Separate the white from the yolk. Take the white and whisk away. Then apply on a clean and dry face. Let it sit for about 20 minutes. Then rinse off with cold water and pat dry.