Whether you go to a pro, get one of those home microdermabrasion kits, or even opt for the homemade kind, though to varying degrees, the benefits or microdermabrasion are more or less the same.
But before we move on what you get out of microdermabrasion, let’s cover microdermabrasion is just for a bit.
What Is Microdermabrasion?
Basically, microdermabrasion is an anti aging procedure. Going to a pro means making an appointment with your derma and there is a whole machine involved along with the choice of crystal or diamond microderm, as it is also referred to as, and quite price, monetary, to be paid as well. But it’s a good thing that pretty doesn’t always cost a pretty penny.
The homemade kind, on the other hand, is a fraction of the cost, comes with creams, serums, scrubs, and whatnot, and may or may not even have a bite size, so to speak, personal machine too just for your personal use.
Now, if you’re really pinching pennies, but still want the said pretty at the end, then DIY it is. You can go ahead and concoct a homemade version of microdermabrasion right in your kitchen. Though it may be much simpler and not as effective as the first two, it still does your skin good.
Simply put, “You can think of microdermabrasion as a super exfoliator kind of deal. Kind of like sanding your skin, what microdermabrasion does is that it removes the very top layer of dead skin cells revealing fresher, newer, younger skin below.”
Benefits Of Microdermabrasion:
So now that you know more about microdermabrasion as well as the three choices you have of it, it’s time to move on to why you should actually do it. So here are the top ten benefits of microdermabrasion.
- Reduces and even helps prevent fine lines and wrinkles.
- Microdermabrasion also helps reduce the appearance of acne as well as acne scars.
- It even helps reduce the appearance of age spots as well.
- Not to mention that it evens out the skin tone too.
- It helps get rid of both blackheads and whiteheads.
- It tightens the skin and shrinks large open pores.
- Microdermabrasion helps treat sun damaged skin (Although, without proper follow up, aka the right sunscreen, it can also help cause it. Be warned, be careful, be smart about your skin!)
- It smoothens your skin.
- It brightens up your skin.
- And finally, microdermabrasion increases the penetration, hence the effectiveness, of other skin care products too.