Presentation of breech during delivery, instead of head presentation is called as Breech presentation.
Breech birth difficulties:
- The buttocks may be arrested near the pelvic brim.
- Buttocks may be arrested at the outlet of the pelvis, usually from extended legs.
- The extension of arms prevents the delivery of head and shoulders.
- The head may be arrested in the pelvic cavity or even above the brim.
Causes of breech birth
- Multiple pregnancies,
- Polyhydramnios or excess amniotic fluid,
- Fetal anomolies, such as congenital abnormalities,
- Uterine abnormalities,
- postdated labour,
- poor antenatal care