Wanna have gorgeous glowing skin? Go Green and start from within. Everyone knows that eating veggies is super good for you, so can you imagine what actually drinking them is like? You see, one single green smoothie has approximately a good 3 cups of dark green veggies, which is way more than most people get in an entire week! So simply have at least a glass a day and reap the benefits that come your way.
So to set you off in the right path, here are three great glowing green smoothies that you should definitely try.
Green Smoothie Recipes:
Green Smoothie #1:
- 3 Handfuls of Spinach
- 1 and 1/2 Cups of Peaches (Pitted And Sliced)
- 1/4 Cup of Raw Oats
- 1 Cup Of Water
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
The first green smoothie is super simple, all you have to do is put everything in the blender and mix till smooth.
Green Smoothie #2:
- 2 Handfuls of Romaine
- 1 Handful of Spinach
- 3 Celery Sticks
- 1 Banana
- 1 Pear (Pitted And Sliced)
- 1 Apple (Pitted And Sliced)
- 1/2 of A Lemon
First you want to blend the romaine and the spinach. Once you have a smooth substance, add in the celery, banana, pear, and apple. Blend again. Then you want to squeeze the juice of the lemon into the mix and give it a final spin.
Green Smoothie #3:
- 3 Handfuls of Spinach
- 1 Cup of Blueberries
- 1 Cup of Raspberries
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1/2 A Banana
Simply put everything in and hit the blend button. If your berries are cold, it is much easier to blend by putting the spinach at the bottom and the fruits on top.
In case you haven’t noticed, the one common ingredient that all three recipes have is spinach, and a good serving of it too. Popeye definitely got this right. There are tons of great benefits this green leafy veggie has to offer. Now don’t expect a sudden strength bout like what you used to see in the classic cartoon, but here are some of the benefits that you can look forward to:
- High nutrients, low calories. Imagine, this leafy vegetable is jam packed with vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B2, magnesium, folate, manganese, iron, calcium, and potassium. You will also get protein, phosphorus, zinc, and copper. Not to mention that it is also a good source of selenium, niacin, dietary fiber, as well as omega3. So you get your nutrient fix without having to worry about your waistline.
- Full of flavanoids. Spinach boasts of 13 different kinds. You see, falvanoids act as antioxidants. And you know what that means, antioxidants = antiaging. These babies fight off those nasty free radicals that do most of the damage.
- Spinach also has anti inflammatory properties. So not only is that another anti aging plus, but it definitely combats certain conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, migraines, and even asthma.
- It’s good for your heart as it helps lower high blood pressure.
- It’s good for your eyes as it helps prevent cataracts and other eye diseases.
- It’s good for your brain as it keeps it young and helps improve memory.