Mangoes are very delicious and beneficial for our body in many ways. Health benefits of eating mangoes are: 1. Beneficial for healthy and Glowing skin: Mangoes are very tasty and have amazing effects on our skin. They are very good source of antioxidants, vitamin A, beta carotene and vitamin C, and thus keep our skin healthy and glowing. It can be used in various face masks and scrubs, and can be of help in reducing dark spots, blemishes, removing blackheads, acne, improving complexion and can also be used as cleanser for skin and thus gives natural glow to our skin.
2. Have anti cancer properties: Mangoes contain polyphenol compounds as well as quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid, methylgallat, and are full of antioxidants. Because of these contents they reduce the risk of different types of cancer, for example breast cancer, prostate cancer (a form of cancer that affects only men), colon cancer (cancer of the large intestine) and leukaemia (a type of blood cancer).
3. Good for eyes: High vitamin A and beta carotene content in the mangoes helps in improving eye vision and in preventing other disorders of the eyes.
4. Very good for hair : Its hair mask (mango pulp + yoghurt + yellow of an egg), when applied to hair can be used as good hair conditioner, the mask so prepared helps in fighting dandruff, it makes the hair soft and shiny and encourages the growth of hair. The oil extracted from its seed can be used for the treatment of hair fall and for the prevention of grey hair.
5. Helpful in preventing heart disease: Mangoes reduce cholesterol level because of its high fibre content, various antioxidants and vitamin c it contains. Presence of potassium in mangoes helps in regulating the blood pressure
6. Helpful in controlling Diabetes: As home remedy, boiled mango leaves juice is used to reduce blood sugar level in diabetics.
7. Helpful in maintaining the body pH alkaline: Because it contains citric acid, malic acid and tartaric acid.
8. Helpful in relieving constipation and improving digestion: Mangoes are full of digestive enzymes like magneferin, katechol oxidase and lactase and are helpful to overcome the problems related with digestion. It has enough fibre that eases acidity and constipation. It acts like a cleanser for stomach and intestines. . It is very good food for people on diet, because it increases the metabolic rate. It strengthens the liver.
9. Helpful in boosting up the immunity of body: Mangoes are rich source of antioxidants, vitamins and therefore they are helpful in strengthening the immune system of the body. Mangoes are rich in folate and contain trace elements like copper, selenium, zinc and potassium. Deficiency of these trace elements causes lots of problems.
10. Helpful in preventing and treating heat Stroke: Juice of raw and boiled mangoes (with a pinch of table salt and sugar) when taken helps to cool down body temperature and is very helpful in the prevention and treatment of heat stroke.