Tired of tangled tresses? Knots in your locks are definitely not cool. But it does happen, especially for those with longer hair. So what’s the solution? Homemade hair detangler spray. (great for kids too!) After all, why should you bother buying some when you can go ahead and make some yourself.
Interested? Everything you need to know is right below!
What You Need:
- 2 Tablespoons Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Glycerin
- 8 Oz. Water
- 3-5 Drops Essential Oil of Choice
- 1 Clean Spray Bottle (one that can hold a little more than 8 ounces!)
What To Do:
Making this homemade detangler spray is probably easier (and definitely less painful) than combing out the knots in your locks without it. The first thing you have to do is get your ingredients ready. Let’s start with the aloe vera gel. Simply pick a leaf fresh from your aloe vera plant and squeeze out or spoon out the good stuff.
- Don’t have an aloe vera plant? It’s well time you get one. These babies are low maintenance and super easy to take care of while offering a wide array of uses for home remedies and DIY stuff. Click here to learn more.
Add two tablespoons of freshly squeezed aloe vera gel with two tablespoons vegetable glycerin into your spray bottle, add eight ounces of water and shake well. Add 3-5 drops of the essential oil of your choice. Jojoba and lavender are some pretty good choices. Shake again until everything is well mixed together.
How To Use:
Shake again before using, simply spray directly on hair, focusing on the tangled parts, and comb through. This can be applied on either wet or dry hair.
- TIP: Move some to a smaller spray bottle to take along wherever you go!