Lower back pain:-
Lower back pain is the pain originates in the lower region of back, i.e. in the lumbar region. Muscle strain or spasm, ligament sprains, intervertebral disk prolapse, or slipped disk are the common causes of Lower back pain.
Use of lower back muscles for prolonged work leads to low back pain.
Causes of lower back pain are..
- Degenerative joint disorder,
- herniated disk,
- spinal stenosis,
- apophysial osteoarthritisbetch,
- Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis,
- fractures to lowe vertebrates,
- ligamentous strains or sprains,
- Lower back muscular strain, etc are the main causes of lower back pain.
Treatment of lower back pain:-
- The best position to relieve low back pain is lie down on a flat surface as thigh is at right angle to hip and knee is at right angle to thigh. The knee should be rested at chair.
- Use analgesics to relieve pain.
- Apply traction to get relief from disk prolapse.
- Physiotherapy helps in muscle relaxation and relieves pain.
- Muscle relaxtants are used to relax the constricted muscles.
- Apply heating pads to painful area to get comfort.
- Antidepressants are used to treat chronic low back pain.
- Active and chronic exercises helps to treat lower back pain.