There is much more to anti-aging than just taking care of your skin, body, and health. To truly look and feel young, you have to tap into your mind and soul as well. Now, I’m not saying that you should ditch your daily anti-aging routine and rely solely on meditation.
It isn’t a total anti-aging miracle pill on it’s own, however, it does have tons of benefits that certainly help slow down the whole getting old process.
Meditation isn’t just sitting down on the floor with your legs crossed(aka lotus position or Indian style), index and thumbs together, eyes closed, and going “woo Sarah…”. It is a discipline, an art even, of freeing your mind into a deeper state of self-awareness.
Sounds complicated? Well, it is much easier than you may think. But before we move on to the relatively simple steps on just how to get started, have a look at just what you can get from practicing it.
Plant the seed of meditation and reap the fruit of peace of mind.
Benefits Of Meditation
There are so many benefits of meditation- physically, mentally, and even spiritually. Too many to mention, here are some of the major ones broken down into each “category”, so to speak.
- Slows the heart rate and increases blood flow.(anti-aging plus!)
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate which mean fewer anxiety attacks.
- Enhances the immune system.(anti-aging plus!)
- Relieves muscle tension.
- Reduces free radicals. (anti-aging plus!)
- Ups strength and energy levels. (anti-aging plus!)
- Helps with chronic disease-like arthritis and allergies. (anti-aging plus!)
- Lowers cholesterol levels.(anti-aging plus!)
- Relieves headaches and migraines.
- Builds up self-confidence.
- Help resolve phobias
- Helps focus and concentration. (anti-aging plus!)
- Increases brain wave coherence. (anti-aging plus!)
- Improves memory. (anti-aging plus!)
- Helps quit addictions- like smoking and drinking. (anti-aging plus!)
- Provides emotional stability.
- Increases creativity.
- Slows down the aging of the mind.(anti-aging plus!)
- Makes falling asleep faster.
- Gives peace of mind and happiness. (anti-aging plus!)
- Brings about a deeper understanding of oneself and others.
- Helps to accept and forgive.
- Brings you closer to YOUR god. (anti-aging plus!)
- Mind, body, and spirit will be in harmony. (anti-aging plus!)
- Better outlook in life. (anti-aging plus!)
- Tilt your pelvis forward.
- Starting from the very bottom of your spine, you want to sort of “stack” each part one on top of the other until you feel that you are supporting the weight of your entire torso, the weight of your neck, and the weight of your head.
- Loosen up your arms and legs and just let them relax. (It is pretty common to let your arms rest on your thighs, but you can also just leave them on your sides- whichever feels right.) The rest of your body should follow.
- Close your eyes.
4. The Right Breathing (Along with the Right Mantra)
What we call I is just a swinging door, which moves when we inhale and when we exhale
5. The Final Step
Meditation is like farming….. the right soil is required to grow anything, nothing will grow if the soil is polluted by striving or pushing too hard.