Pelvic inflammatory disease:-
Pelvic inflammatory disease is the disease of upper genital tract of women. Endometritis, salpingitis, pelvic peritonitis, and tubo-ovarian abscess are the main Pelvic inflammatory diseases.
The incidence varies from 1 to 2 % per year among sexually active women. The ready availability of contraception together with permissive sexual attitude has resulted in increased incidence of sexually transmitted diseases and also causes acute Pelvic inflammatory disease.
Causes of Pelvic inflammatory disease:-
* Menstruating teenagers,
* multiple sexual partners,
* Absence of contraceptive pills,
* Previous history of acute pidxxxx,
* Using intrauterine devices,
* these factors may cause Pelvic inflammatory disease.
* Using barrier method of contraception,
* Oral steroidal contraceptives,
* Prevention of sexually transmitted diseases
* Liberal use of contraceptives,
* Having protective sex,
* Routine screening of high risk population.
* Bilateral lower abdominal pain
* Pelvic pain dull in nature,
* Fever and headache,
* Irregular excessive bleeding from genital tract,
* Purulent and copious discharge,
* Nausea and vomiting,
* Pain and discomfort in the right hypochondrium.
Treatment of Pelvic inflammatory disease:-
* Adequate rest,
* Analgesics to relieve pain,
* Antibiotics to treat infection,
* Doxycycline, erythromycin, and tetracycline are the main antibiotics used to treat Pelvic inflammatory disease.