There are a few basic things to note when taking any psychiatric medication. These rules pretty much apply to all of the meds covered in this site. I deal with the whole issues of side effects, brand vs. generic drugs and how to read PI sheets separately, as they are big freakin’ deals in of themselves. Continue reading “Basic Information About All Psychiatric Medications” »
As mentioned in the previous chapter, adopting a diet low in fiber during the onset and duration of diverticulitis will aid in managing and alleviating any symptoms that may occur. The following tips may be useful in decreasing fiber in the diet:
1) Consume white breads and cereals: During the process of refinement, foods tend to lose much of their fibre content. Breads and cereals based on white flour are particularly low in fibre and are the optimal choice for someone suffering from diverticulitis.
2) Limit (but do not completely eliminate) the amount of plant foods consumed: As fibre is mainly obtained from these types of foods it makes sense to limit these in the diet for the duration of diverticulitis.
3) Remove the skin from fruits and vegetables before consumption. Most of the fibre contained within these foods is held within the skin.
4) Avoid seeds, nuts, popcorn, and legumes as these may further exacerbate the condition.
Foods that are low in fibre include:
- White breads and cereals
- Skinless fruits and vegetables
- Fruit Juice
- Vegetable Juice
- Meat and dairy products
5) In some individuals it may be necessary to select lactose free dairy products, if lactose malabsorption is present. Appropriate dairy foods that are low in lactose include:
1 Soy milk (ensure you select a soy milk fortified with calcium)
2 Most cheeses
3 Lactose free milk
4 Lactose free yogurt
When a woman reaches to her maturity bleeding starts from her vaginal passage that is called mensuration. It comes every month in a healthy woman. Some times women have to face problems in it. Continue reading “Menses Pain Treatment” »
It has been documented since the early 1970’s that poor diet and food allergies could be related to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), or that there could be improvements in an ADHD individual by putting them on a specific ADHD Diet. Continue reading “ADHD Diet Information: A Common Sense Approach” »
Do you feel tired, sluggish, or just plain unhealthy? If so, the answer to your problems may lay in a body detox, also commonly known as a body cleanse. With a cleanse, you allow your body to expel the potentially harmful toxins it has accumulated throughout the years. The end result should be an improvement in your health and overall wellbeing. Continue reading “5 Ways To Detox Your Body” »
Body detoxification method is basically cleansing body of various toxins that have been accumulated due to external and internal factors. The cleansing of body refers to removal of all toxins. There are various methods used for detoxification. Let’s see how juice can help in detoxification. Continue reading “Body Detoxification Method” »
Signs of aging is part of life unfortunately and when it comes to the crunch, there’s not much we can do about it. That hasn’t stopped people creating anti-aging products or concoctions in the past, now and no doubt long into the future. Some are good and some are simply taking advantage of peoples insecurities about getting old. Continue reading “Anti-aging juice recipes that work” »
When it comes to vitamins and nutrients, carrots are orange anti aging gold. There are so many reasons you should snack down on this crunchy powerhouse- here are the top five. Continue reading “Carrots and anti aging care” »
When it comes to your anti aging diet, not only do you have to watch what you eat, but what you drink as well. Of course, water is the ultimate fountain of youth, but there are sweeter alternatives to good old H2o. Continue reading “The top juice to turn back the clock: my anti aging all time favorite” »
With summer just creeping around the corner, you wanna be ready with a great beach body, right? And when it comes to being fit and healthy, the doc knows best, Dr. Oz that is. I don’t know about you, but I just love his tips and tricks. Continue reading “Swimsuit slimdown drink: because “THE DOC” knows better” »