I am 40 years of age. I had tubal ligation 10 years ago. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my right breast 8 years ago. After I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I underwent surgery and my right breast was removed. I had noticed some white coloured discharge from my nipples, when my breast cancer was diagnosed 8 years ago. Continue reading “Hormonal disturbance – Breast Cancer – Irregularity of periods – discharge from nipples” »
Snacking is one of those issues that can wreck the best laid plan for healthier eating. Everyone wants a snack now and then, but the key is to make those snacks healthy and nutritious as well as delicious. Continue reading “Healthy Snacks For Healthy Living” »
It is a fact that some pesticides, chemicals, and certain fumes are present in the environment that is affecting your immune system and jeopardizing your health. Moreover, the foods that you eat can lead to a toxic atmosphere lowering your overall immunity. Continue reading “Body Detox Herbs Can Do Wonder In Your Lives” »
Some researchers have suggested that migraines can be traced to an overactive nervous system. When the nervous system detects certain substances, sensations or other triggers, it sets in motion a series of brain activity that leads to blood vessel dilation or contraction. Continue reading “Migraine Headache Causes and Triggers” »
Ingesting foods high in calcium will not help if those sources of calcium are not well absorbed. A supplement may help. The many supplements available today get their calcium from a number of different sources. One of the most popular sources is coral calcium. Continue reading “Calcium Absorption and Calcium Supplements” »
Now that we have seen the importance of calcium in maintaining bone density, let’s see how we can utilize calcium rich foods in an everyday nutritional program. Continue reading “Calcium Rich Foods for Bone Density” »
A formal Crohn’s diet doesn’t exist per se. Foods that aggravate the condition in one person may have no effect on another. Learning which foods can or cannot be eaten takes time and is a matter of trial and error. A dietician can help develop a diet that is customized to help keep inflammation to a minimum. Continue reading “Crohn’s Disease Diet and the Risk of Dehydration” »
Crohn’s Disease is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in which areas of the intestinal tract become inflamed causing sloughing and, in some instances, ulcers. While many other IBDs cause inflammation of the intestinal lining, Crohn’s affects all layers of the intestine, not just the surface. Continue reading “About Crohn’s Disease: Its Diagnosis And Treatment” »
As mentioned in the previous chapter, adopting a diet low in fiber during the onset and duration of diverticulitis will aid in managing and alleviating any symptoms that may occur. The following tips may be useful in decreasing fiber in the diet:
1) Consume white breads and cereals: During the process of refinement, foods tend to lose much of their fibre content. Breads and cereals based on white flour are particularly low in fibre and are the optimal choice for someone suffering from diverticulitis.
2) Limit (but do not completely eliminate) the amount of plant foods consumed: As fibre is mainly obtained from these types of foods it makes sense to limit these in the diet for the duration of diverticulitis.
3) Remove the skin from fruits and vegetables before consumption. Most of the fibre contained within these foods is held within the skin.
4) Avoid seeds, nuts, popcorn, and legumes as these may further exacerbate the condition.
Foods that are low in fibre include:
- White breads and cereals
- Skinless fruits and vegetables
- Fruit Juice
- Vegetable Juice
- Meat and dairy products
5) In some individuals it may be necessary to select lactose free dairy products, if lactose malabsorption is present. Appropriate dairy foods that are low in lactose include:
1 Soy milk (ensure you select a soy milk fortified with calcium)
2 Most cheeses
3 Lactose free milk
4 Lactose free yogurt
With the holidays coming to an end and the New Year’s Eve festivities under our belts, you may be feeling the toll on your body. This can be demonstrated through feelings of fatigue, lack of motivation and an increased susceptibility to illness as a result of a weakened immune system. Continue reading “The Importance Of Vitamin B12” »