As men get older, the age old question still remains, to shave or not to shave. Well, fellas, if you want to look younger, definitely ditch that bushy beard. Take off the excessive facial hair and take off a couple of years as well.
Of course, there is much more to shaving that just you standing in front of the sink with a razor in hand. So here is a simple guide that will not only give you a nice clean shave but younger looking skin as well.
Remember, you shaving grace can be your saving grace when it comes to age.
First you want to open up your pores to make shaving smoother. Nothing does this better than warm water. So before you anything else, you can either apply a warm towel on your face, wash with warm water, or just shave right after a hot shower.
Actually, some men even shave in the shower- as long as you have a fog free mirror, then you are good to go. Plus, this is the perfect time saver for any guy on the run.
2. Ditch the cream, go for the gel. Did you know that shaving cream can actually clog the pores that you just opened up? Gel, on the other hand, doesn’t. So you want to pat some on and let your skin soak it up for a good three minutes.
- TIP: Keep the word MOISTURIZING in mind when looking for a good shaving gel.
3. They key to shaving is to actually go with the flow, hair flow that is. You want to follow the direction of your hair. Going against it may only lead to ingrown hairs. Now that is definitely something that you want to avoid. Shot strokes are much better than long ones.
- TIP: Your razor should be sharp and clean. Disposable shavers are called disposable for a reason. So if you are using these, throw away after 3-4 uses.
4. Since you opened up your pores with warm water, after shaving, it is time to close them up again with a nice cool splash.
- TIP: Remember guys, PAT DRY, not rub, PAT!
5. Finish off with moisturizer. That is definitely the best way to show off your smooth skin.
FACIAL HAIR SURVEY: What Women Love And Hate
In an simple survey, women were asked to rate just how much they love or hate men’s facial hair styles.
Stubble- 80% LOVE 20% HATE
Clean Shave- 76% LOVE 24% HATE
Half Beard- 52% LOVE 48% HATE
Full Beard- 18% LOVE 82% HATE
Goatee- 8% LOVE 92% HATE
Mustache – 0% LOVE 100% HATE