Throat cancer is the malignancy of the throat, it may be the presence of tumor in pharynx or in the larynx. Some of the common symptoms include the lump or the sore that does not heal for the long time, there will be chronic cough, dysphagia will be present for long time, and there will be hoarseness in the voice which not resolves in 1 or 2 week.
The throat cancer symptoms sometimes may be due to some other reasons will be often confused with the throat cancer symptoms so there should be proper diagnosis and treatment should be given. And the doctor must collect the history of all the symptoms.
General throat cancer symptoms:-
* Chronic earaches
* Pain in the upper teeth
* Swelling in the eyes
* Chronic sinus infections that do not go away when treated with antibiotics
* Blocked sinuses that will not clear
* Sore throat that not decrease for weeks even antibiotics are administered is main throat cancer symptoms.
* There will be sudden unexplained weight loss
* Coughing of blood
* Breath sounds will be high pitched
* Blood-flecked phlegm.
* The sensation of something permanently stuck in the throat as a throat cancer symptoms.
( Gastrointestinal disorders )
* Excessive reflux, diarrhoea or constipation
* Enlarged lymph nodes
* Disfigurement of face
* Deformities in skin and other
* Throat Cancer Symptoms that are very prominent.
* There is a presence of Numbness or paralysis of facial muscles
* There will be chronic Facial pain associated with throat cancer symptoms.
* Long duration neck pain is also a throat cancer symptoms.
Diagnosis of throat cancer:-
If there is presence of all the above throat cancer symptoms the patient should undergo immediately some diagnostic measures to confirm the throat cancer. The diagnostic test includes the following.
- Laryngoscopy :there is lighted camera in a tube is introduced in to the throat and the throat is examined for the presence of the tumor or malignancy is used to diagnose throat cancer symptoms.
- CT scan of the cranium should be done or the cranial MRI can be done to confirm the cancer that spread to the lymph nodes, is used to diagnose throat cancer symptoms.
- Biopsy is the collection of the tissue from throat to confirm with the tumor cells. Under microscopic examination of this cell will reveal the cancer cells, is used to diagnose throat cancer symptoms.