Olive oil is amazing. From recipes to beauty routines, olive oil boasts of many beauty benefits. But having “O” so many uses, we’ve decided to round them up and list what we think is the best of the best.
Olive Oil Is Good For The Skin
Olive oil is probably one of the best skin moisturizers there is, thanks to a little compound called linoleic acid. Now, what this acid does is that it pretty much prevents water from evaporating. Aside from that, olive oil is also jam packed with antioxidants too. So, whether you take it in or rub it on, olive oil will help fight off dry skin, making it soft, supple, and smooth.
- Rub a couple of drops directly on skin as a natural moisturizer.
- Make a one is to one mixture of olive oil and water to use as a natural skin firming solution.
- Add a couple of drops to your bath and enjoy a nice, warm, anti aging soak.
- Mix olive oil with used coffee grounds to help get rid of cellulite.
- Olive oil , when mixed with equal parts of cocoa butter, is perfect for pregnant women who want to prevent stretch marks. Simply apply generously over your growing belly.
- For chapped lips, mix with beeswax and apply.
- Olive oil on it’s own is the perfect base for a good massage.
- Olive oil helps treat sunburn with it’s soothing effects.
- For men, rubbing olive oil first on palms is then great for patting over a rough shave.
- For women, olive oil is an amazing makeup remover- totally chemical free!
Olive Oil Is Good For The Hair
Just as dry skin is bad, well, so is dry hair. That being said, for about the same moisturizing properties, olive oil is simply lovely for your locks.
- Rub olive oil on your scalp to get rid of dandruff.
- Olive oil is great split end ender. Especially in the cold months, simply rub olive oil on your palms and run through your hair as a protective coat of sorts.
- Put some olive oil in a spray bottle and use it as a detangler after a shower.
- Add a couple drops of olive oil to your regular conditioner to improve the softness of your hair.
- As a hair mask, heat about half a cup of olive oil (the longer you hair, the more you will need) in the microwave for about a minute. Pour on and massage well into your hair from root to tip. Wrap in shower cap for about 30 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
Olive Oil Is Good For Your Diet, Good For You Health
Olive oil does much more than just spruce up a boring meal. Just as it has beauty benefits, it s really good for your health too. Remember, a healthy body is a beautiful one.
- Olive oil lowers cholesterol.
- Olive oil lower blood pressure.
- Olive oil can help prevent cancer.
- Olive oil helps cognitive function.
PLUS, did you know that olive oil can also help you lose weight? It actually makes you feel less hungry and decreases your sugar cravings too.