Anyone who’s overweight and battling to burn fat on the latest fad diet, knows that popular weight loss plans with their ‘one size fits all‘ weight loss menus can be restrictive and monotonous. Two weeks into it and you find yourself lacking motivation and looking around for ‘real food’ which in turn results in binge eating and frustration.
Just think about it ..
You would not embark on an exercise program designed to help an elite athlete lose body fat, so why would you embark on a weight loss menu that has been generically devised for the ‘average’ over weight individual?
The trouble is that these weight loss menus don’t consider your personal body type and circumstances (and we are all different).
So you have to devise meal plans/diet plans that suit you, your lifestyle and your body needs.
So What To Do
So where do you go and how do you find resources to develop personalized weight loss menus?
Well, as with everything, there are good plans and there are not so good plans and weight loss menus. When looking to develop personalized meal plans use the following as a guide to ensure you are getting the best possible individually tailored program.
- Ensure you are asked to provide extensive details about yourself and your body: e.g. your height, bodyweight, age, day-to-day activity level and what those activities are, body fat, body proportions etc.
- Make sure that daily calorie requirements are worked out for you and your body.
- Allow you to create weight loss menus dependent on your own goals is important. Your weight loss goals will invariably change as time passes therefore the program ought to be flexible and able to be changed as your weight loss goals change.
- The freedom to include in your own choice of foods, within set guidelines, is also important. To prevent the boredom aspect the weight loss menu needs to be flexible enough to provide an array of meal options.
- Having a large variety of foods to pick from is vital to keep you motivated and interested.
- Also a good weight loss menu plan will provide you with ways to measure your progress. Seeing results is the greatest motivator so you want to be able to create measurable outcomes which you can use on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. This also serves to provide feedback on how the plan is functioning, or not working, for you and enables timely alterations to be made to the weight loss menus..
If you have been fighting for a long time on generic meal plans, becoming frustrated and despondent then chuck all those weight loss menus away and get really serious. If you really want to achieve success then personalized plans and weight loss menus are your answer.
If you follow the guidelines set out above you will be well on your way to achieving your weight loss goals.
I wish you luck on your journey.