In the never ending quest for beauty, whether you want to get rid of a couple extra pounds or keep away the years from your face and skin, a lot of people have turned to the raw food diet. So if you are interested in this meal time makeover, here are the basics of this lifestyle choice.
What You Eat
Okay, if you have decided to “go raw” or follow the “raw foodism” lifestyle, not to state the obvious, but basically, you will be eating, well, raw food.
Raw food is pretty much defined as uncooked, which means that it has not been heated to over 42 degrees Celsius (188 degrees Fahrenheit). But much more than just eating food that has never met your stove, as much as possible, the food must be unprocessed (the fresher and the “wilder”, so to speak, the better) and organic. So no preservatives, no pesticides, no irradiation and the like.
- Whole Grains
Unfortunately, refined sugars, alcohol, and even caffeine don’t make the list. The coffee to get you up in the morning has got to go along with that one bottle you have to unwind at the end of the day.
You see, most people who have been completely successful in this diet transition were already vegans to begin with- it wasn’t that big a change for them. So a whole lot of “rawists” don’t eat any kind of meat. However, there are those who still have raw eggs and milk- long as it’s the unpasteurized kind.
What You Reap
Okay, now that you know what the raw food diet mainly consists of (and unfortunately for many, what it doesn’t) it’s time to turn your heads to the benefits of going raw. After all, for every sacrifice, there is a reward.
- Lose weight and get the figure that you have always wanted.
- You will have more beautiful skin brimming with a youthful glow.
- Believe it or not, you will actually have more energy, but wait, it gets even better- on less hours of sleep.
- It will give your immune system a boost.
- The same goes for fertility.
- You will have better memory along with clarity of the mind.
- Plus ,it can prevent or even help fight diabetes.