The other night my girlfriend and I awoke with horror to the realization that our blankets were no longer good enough – we had to bring out the dreaded WINTER DUVET! Another reminder that Winter is on its way all too quickly.
The best bet for sorting out the imminent sniffles is quite simply: GINGER TEA!
Here’s a quick ginger tea recipe:
Ginger tea recipe for colds
- Lemon juice
How to make it:
- Boil water
- Grate the ginger
- Add the ginger to a thermos flask
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice (about 4 tablespoons)
- Add honey (about 3 tablespoons)
- Fill up the flask with boiling water
- Leave for about 20 mins
- Strain into a mug and sip carefully (it’s hot!)
Why does this work?
The lemon juice is jam packed with Vitamin C and other immune system-boosting goodness. Ginger and honey also strengthen your immune system, while honey is a natural antiseptic.
So basically this little concoction helps your body fight the good fight against the dreaded cold.