Asthma is a chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, constricts airway associated with respiratory inflammation and excess mucus production. Most of asthma trigger factors causes asthma attack.
when Asthma symptoms becomes worst is called as Asthma attack.
Asthma patient is sensitive to some objects, and those increases bronchial constriction and causes an asthma attack are called asthma triggers:-
- When asthma patient is exposed to triggers, the inflammation occurs in the airway and leads to swelling of bronchial mucosa and excess mucus production.
- Airway becomes narrowed due to mucus accumulation.
- The narrowing of bronchi obstructs air to go out from lungs.
- Excess stress is applied to exhale the air, it makes breathing difficulty.
- With proper treatment, severity of asthma attack can be reduced.
- An allergen,
- Tobacco smoke,
- Expose to cold or warm air,
- Pet dander,
- Perfume use,
- Breathing moist air,
- Exercise or exertion,
- Emotional stress, etc
- In children the common asthma trigger is common cold caused by viral infection.
Facts related to asthma
- Asthma can’t be cured, but it can be controlled with effective treatment and preventive measures.
- Asthma symptoms varies according to change in external and internal environment.
- Asthma attacks are rising now a days because,
- The children are less exposed to infection and their immune system becomes sensitive to allergens. These children are prone to have asthma attacks during growing period.
- Exposure to indoor allergens such as dust, pollen is high as we spend more time in our indoors.
- Bronchodilators are highly beneficial to relieve Asthma attacks.