Inability to have successful intercourse because of the erectile problem is called as Impotence or Male impotence. most of the men experience impotence at any part of life. Impotence may be of short time or long time and effective treatment is needed to treat impotence. All reproductive age group may develop male impotence but the age group above 65 are at risk of developing male impotence.
Impotence can be treatable at any age of an individual. Nowadays successful treatment for male impotence is available and the treatment helps most men with male impotence return to normal sexual activity.
Male impotence Causes
- Nearly 1.5 million people worldwide have impotence.
- It is be believed that keeping mobile phones in pocket causes impotence.
- Diseases like diabetes mellitus, endocrine gland disorder, kidney disease, etc.
- Problems in the structure of reproductive organ or its surrounding tissues may cause impotence.
- Damage to arteries, smooth muscles and fibrous tissues, surgery or an injury that interfere with nerve impulses transmission or blood flow to the reproductive organ.
- Psychological upset or emotional stress, factors like depression, anxiety, grief causes male impotence.
- As a side effect of medications such as antihistamines, antidepressants, tranquilizers, appetite suppressants, etc.
- smoking and obesity which alters blood flow to the arteries.
- alcoholism or drug abuse for a long time.
- In men aged over 65 years, impotence can be caused by decreased levels of testosterone hormone, and Hormone replacement therapy is given to treat this male impotence.
Treatment of male impotence
Most of the men won’t get treatment at all. Only ten to twenty percent will get treatment for male impotence. A number of treatment options are available for impotence depending on the cause of male impotence. Treatment of male impotence includes reduce stress, counseling and sexual therapy to help solve any sexual problems, changes in lifestyle, weight control to reduce obesity, alternative medication to substitute medications which causes impotence, exercises to strengthen pelvic floor, use of an oral medication, a vacuum device or injection or insertion of medicine to the sexual organ. Surgical operation is done to correct the deformity of male impotence in some males.